Sunday, July 28, 2013

I'm Home.....

    In April...on Easter Sunday... I moved into my new townhouse.  It's the first time in my life that I've ever had to live by myself. Exciting...yes! Scary...yes to that too....but I'm getting used to it.
    My townhouse is small but comfortable...and do I ever have plans for it. It was a flip and the man doing it has done a good job...but there are still things I'd like to change.  I've ordered new windows (Because the windows that are here are falling out) and a new set of sliding glass doors. The doors are the ones with blinds in between the layers of glass. A little more expensive but since my sliding doors directly face the curve of the street....it will save all of my neighbors the horror of seeing me standing in the kitchen every morning with mismatched pajamas, bleary eyes and messy hair. I am no style icon.
    I've got a list of other things that I'd like to do to my new house. Every room that I walk into has a future list. The kitchen has probably the most things:
                 *A  backsplash...maybe penny tile or subway tile or beadboard (I love beadboard!)
                 * I want the ugly light fixture taken down (I call it the coffin light, because it looks for all the world like a black and white coffin attached to the ceiling . ) I'd like can lights in the ceiling instead.
                 *Oh...and I need to have someone come in and attach the cabinets more securely...one of them is coming away from the wall. Of course it was the cabinet with all my cookbooks and heaviest serving bowls....all of that stuff is temporarily crammed into assorted areas.
                 *There's a closet under the stairs that I want to turn into a pantry/storage area. I'd like to paint it a clean, bright white (It's white now, but not clean or bright), put new white shelves up on one wall and push a small white dresser up close under the stairs. I can still store big containers behind the dresser and put canvas bins on the top of the dresser to store more stuff and I'll have the dresser drawers for...um...even more stuff. What a great plan...now I just have to DO it.
                  My new  kitchen.....

No comments:

My Dad Is A Lacrosse Coach - 25 Layouts in 2021

  I love navy paper...with almost any color. In this layout I chose bright yellow, red and assorted patterned paper and white & navy let...