Wednesday, July 20, 2016

July Sampler 2016 - Angels' Gifts

                           It's July and it's hot outside...but it's never too soon to start planning for Christmas. That's why I've always loved the idea of "Christmas in July".  Creating beautiful little things for Christmas without the rush of "I have to get this done immediately" is wonderful.
                          The Angel Sampler from my last class features little angels with their Christmas gifts. Two angels are giving the stars in the sky. One is giving her love symbolized by a heart...another is giving the gift of light with her candle. Three others are giving traditional icons of Christmas...a Christmas tree (Nature), the star on top of the tree (The sparkle of the holiday) and a stocking (Giving).
                           The sentiment on the second circle... " We should cast the gift of a loving thought into the heart of a friend, that would be giving as the angels give."
                            This Sampler is done in cool, pale aqua greens and white and is decorated with pearls to add a soft glow.  According to the theme "Angels' Gifts"...I should be thinking of giving this Sampler as a gift....but I really want to keep it. I think that I need a little more Christmas Spirit.

No comments:

My Dad Is A Lacrosse Coach - 25 Layouts in 2021

  I love navy paper...with almost any color. In this layout I chose bright yellow, red and assorted patterned paper and white & navy let...