Saturday, April 28, 2007

Designing Like a Star.........


Recently, Marnie and I entered the Designing Like a Star contest at the Scrapbook Chalet....a challenge elimination contest where you're given challenges each week, people vote for their favorites and each week people are eliminated. The one remaining at the end of the contest..wins.

The first week the challenge was to create a layout all about me...not easy...but I was pleased with the results...using Basic Grey paper made it a lot easier. Of course...for me...using Basic Grey makes all layouts easier.

The second challenge was to do a round layout....this one was fun (I posted it earlier on this blog)...it seemed like everyone in the contest enjoyed doing this challenge. There are some wonderful round pages in the Chalet gallery.

This week is the third challenge.....to scraplift a layout done by Jeanne, one of the Chalet's design team members. Again...I had a great time doing this layout. I'm starting to realize that I really like being challenged...it gives you a whole new outlook on scrapbooking. I found some photos of the penguins at the Flamingo Hotel in Las Vegas that worked really well with some new paper that I wanted to use...Basic Grey's Scarlet's Letter. Don't say anything...I know...now that I'm liking being challenged....I need to challenge myself with some other paper line ...I'll work on that. In the meantime...here's my layout for the third week...it's called "Exotic Eveningwear". The penguin is handcut from one of the background papers and the flowers are punched from some of the other photos in the same group...I liked the way the colors matched the main photo. If you get a chance...please take a look at all the layouts for this week's challenge and vote for one of them...you've got a great choice! Here's a link for the Chalet Gallery ...http://www.scrapbookchalet.com/photos/showgallery.php?cat=626
and a link for the voting forum..http://www.scrapbookchalet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3959 The voting starts at 9:30pm Saturday EST and continues until 9:00pm Sunday EST.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

It's beautiful! Good luck!!

Marnie said...

GORGEOUS! I love it!

jen said...

I love your LO! :) Hi MOM!!!

Susan said...

YIKES!!! that SOOOO rocks!!

Rita said...

Here's the penguin LO -- I LOVE it! It's SO beautiful! You are so talented Dianne!

My Dad Is A Lacrosse Coach - 25 Layouts in 2021

  I love navy paper...with almost any color. In this layout I chose bright yellow, red and assorted patterned paper and white & navy let...