Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Nutty Pumpkins....




I used to have a booth in one of the Country Sampler stores. I made patchwork sweatshirts and patchwork wallhangings...but while those sold well...my best selling items were...walnuts! Odd isn't it? Painted and embellished little figures made of walnuts for different holidays....pumpkins, witches, bats and ghosts for Halloween...snowmen, santas, reindeer and Christmas trees for Christmas....snowmen with hearts and doves for Valentine's Day. I had them for every holiday...and then some. Teapots, goldfish, cardinals, bunnies, Easter Eggs....I made those too. They called me the walnut lady....and waited for them to appear in my shop. "Snicker"....my first brush with fame! :):):)

2 comments:

Saskia said...

Lovely, lovely idea!!!!!!!

Saskia :)

Tiff said...

ADORABLE!

My Dad Is A Lacrosse Coach - 25 Layouts in 2021

  I love navy paper...with almost any color. In this layout I chose bright yellow, red and assorted patterned paper and white & navy let...