Thursday, June 18, 2009

Another Trinket Box...







I love making trinket boxes...there's something really satisfying and calming about taking a plain chipboard box and turning it into something pretty...or unusual. I make up stories about each box I make....where it's going, who will love it and take care of it...and what kinds of things will be kept in it. Sometimes I get too attached...it's hard to send them to their new owners...
This is the latest trinket box that I've finished...the woman ordering it had special requests. Her daughter was going away to college and she wanted the box to reflect the school (Johns Hopkins University-the school colors are light blue and white), her daughter's classes (The 3 books are classes she'll be taking)...and her daughter's studiousness (She received a fellowship grant from the Woodrow Wilson National Foundation.)

5 comments:

Ann said...

Dianne, this is amazing! I love how you personalized it, and the blue is just so pretty!

Lyn S said...

This is a wonderful project Diane! I'm sure the recipient was thrilled with it!

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Your box is so pretty!

B said...

Such a lovely project!

Kathi said...

Great job. I'm sure she'll love it!

My Dad Is A Lacrosse Coach - 25 Layouts in 2021

  I love navy paper...with almost any color. In this layout I chose bright yellow, red and assorted patterned paper and white & navy let...